As we all know, the future always holds endless possibilities. If we are to adopt this viewpoint
for the development of this site, let's start with "ongoing maintenance", move to "near future
projects", "mid-range" and "long-range" planning:
Ongoing Maintenance: By this we mean that we will continually update the biography pages
and the picture gallery as to its present content, whenever new findings will come to light.
Near Future Projects:
- Addition of many 'creation histories' to the works of Beethoven;
- Expanding the complete works list to include cross-reference lists as to:
Year of Composition; Dedication.
- Of the Utmost Importance to us is this mid-range project: To include your input and
your suggestions into our planning! So, let us hear from you and what you would
want to see 'happening' here!
- An Overview of the Immortal Beloved issue to reflect its present research status;
- An Overview of the issue of Beethoven and His Nephew with respect to the established
psychological findings and interpretations;
- A section in which the humorous aspects of Beethoven's character and life have their
place, in form of 'authentic' anecdotes, quotes from his letters, pictorial material, and
- A section in which we feature original translations of Beethoven letters in
- The addition of other composers of the "First Viennese School of Music". Here, the
writer already has to admit that she has meanwhile 'gone astray' and has translated a very
lovely novella from 19th century German literature, Mörike's Mozart on his Journey to
Prague--perhaps we can start from there and begin to enrich our scope?
- The addition of other German-speaking composers of classical music; here, the writer
'comes' again from German literature and works such as Thomas Mann's Doktor